Canada is one of the best destinations for lots of international students. But since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020, there’s been a lot of compromises as a result of the travel bans and regulations established by different countries.
Despite closing its borders in March 2020, the government of Canada has decided to reopen its borders and welcome international students again. Our purpose today is to guide you through the Canada student visa application process.
What is a Canadian Study Permit?
Canada study permit is a document given to international students by the IRCC. It’s like permission for foreign students to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) within Canada.
All foreign students are required to have a study permit in order to study in Canada. Note that the Canada study permit is not a Visa.
Thus, you will still be required to apply for visa or eTA (electronic travel authorization) in order to enter Canada even after obtaining your Study permit.
Those Eligible To Apply For A Study Permit
You can apply for a study permit in Canada if you:
- Prove you have funds enough to finance for your:
- Tuition Fees
- Feeding and wellfare. You will also provide welfare for anyone who came to Canada with you (If applicable), and
- Return tickets for yourself and anyone who came to Canada with you (If applicable)
- Have no criminal record, be a law-abiding citizen of your country, and provide a police clearance certificate (if required)
- Get a medical examination from an accredited medical institution (if required) and be in good health condition, and
- Ensure you leave Canada when your study permit expires.
Documents Required For A Canadian Student Permit Application
Below are the list of things you’re required to submit:
- An acceptance letter from your DLI (designated learning institution) you’ll be attending which must be on the list of DLI’s with approved COVID-19 readiness plan.
- Proof of identity, and
- Proof of financial support.
You Could Also Be Required To Submit:
- a certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ)
- a letter of explanation
- a custodian declaration (minors only), or
- as many of the documents required for a complete application as possible.
Apply For A Study Permit Online
International students who desire to apply for a study permit can do that online, irrespective of if they’re inside or outside of Canada.
For international students who are finding it difficult applying online, you can easily apply on paper by visiting any Canada embassy near you.
What Others Are Reading
- 6 Sure Ways to Migrate to Canada – 100% Guaranteed.
- 12 Amazing Countries You Can Buy Citizenship.
- Tricks To Become A Citizen Of Canada – Canadian Citizenship.
- Find Out The Best Cities To Live and Work In Canada This 2021.
- What You Should Know Before Hiring An Immigration Lawyer.
- 10 Cheapest Universities in Canada For International Students.
- Top 5 Fastest and Easiest Ways To Migrate to Australia.