Canada is one of the highly developed countries in the world, which is one of the reasons the number of people applying for Canada visa is steadily increasing.
- What is Canada Visa?
- Who Is Qualified For A Canadian Visa?
- Types of the Canada Visa?
- How To Apply For Canada Visa
- What To Do After A Successful Canada Visa Application
- What Should I Do If My Canada Visa Application is Rejected?
- How Long Will It Take Me To Get A Visa To Canada?
- Canada Visa Fee
- Can I Apply For Canada Visa From Another Country?
- Is Biometrics Required For Canada Visa Application?
What is Canada Visa?
A Canada visa is a stamp on your passport that allows you to freely enter Canada. It grants you permission to legally move into Canada and reside either temporarily or permanently.
Please Note: Obtaining a Canadian visa does not give you the full right to enter Canada at will. You could still be sent back to your home country if the Canadian Embassy or Consulate thinks you’re not eligible to enter Canada.
Your migration into Canada after obtaining your Canadian visa is at the discretion of the Canadian Border Services Officer (BSO).
Who Is Qualified For A Canadian Visa?
Individuals from countries that don’t have Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or visa exemption agreement with Canada will require a visa to enter Canada.
Types of the Canada Visa?
- Work visas.
- Visitor visas.
- Student visas.
- Business Immigrant visas.
- Permanent Residence visas.
- Express Entry Program visas.
Note: You must choose the one that best suits the reason you want to enter Canada.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
- 6 Sure Ways to Migrate to Canada – 100% Guaranteed.
- 12 Amazing Countries You Can Buy Citizenship.
- Tricks To Become A Citizen Of Canada – Canadian Citizenship.
- Find Out The Best Cities To Live and Work In Canada This 2022.
- What You Should Know Before Hiring An Immigration Lawyer.
- 10 Cheapest Universities in Canada For International Students.
- Top 5 Fastest and Easiest Ways To Migrate to Australia.
How To Apply For Canada Visa
The Canada visa application process depends on the type of Canada visa you are applying for. Below are the simple steps to apply for a Canadian visa:
- Find out if you’re eligible to apply for a Canada visa.
- Create your online account or visit any Canadian embassy around you.
- Compile and submit the required documents.
- Pay for your visa processing fees and any other fees.
- Wait for the processing of your Canadian visa.
- Submit your passport and ensure you pay for your processing fees.
What To Do After A Successful Canada Visa Application
As soon as you have your Canada visa, you’re free to travel to Canada. When you get to the Point Of Entry (POE) in Canada, you will be required to show the officials your documents and passport.
The officials will ask you a few questions, and when you are done answering the questions, they will decide if you are qualified to enter Canada.
Note: Having a Canadian visa doesn’t automatically guarantee that you’ll enter Canada, only the border officials are to decide.
What Should I Do If My Canada Visa Application is Rejected?
If your Canada visa application gets rejected, re-apply again at any time. Although it’s best you re-apply only when your situation has changed or maybe you have extra information that could help you get a Canada visa approval.
How Long Will It Take Me To Get A Visa To Canada?
The processing time for a Canada visa varies for each specific case. Nevertheless, it can take anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks, or even longer.
Also, note that your Canadian visa begins to process only after the Canadian authorities have received your complete application.
The processing time could be delayed if you are required to bring additional documents.
Canada Visa Fee
The type of visa you are applying for determines your Canada visa fee. The popular fees include the Canada visa processing fees and the biometrics fee. A normal Visitor Visa fee can however be around $CAN100.
Can I Apply For Canada Visa From Another Country?
Should in case you don’t have any Visa Application Center or Canadian Embassy around your country of residence, then it’s possible to travel to another country to apply for a Canada visa.
Nevertheless, you must only apply for the Canadian visa at the VAC or Canadian embassy responsible for your jurisdiction (ie. Responsible for the country you are a legal resident of).
Also, if you’re from Country ‘X’ but have a residence permit for Country ‘Y’, you can apply for a Canadian visa from Country ‘Y’.
Anyway, if you are only visiting Country ‘Y’ but don’t have any legal residency there, then you have to apply at the Visa Application Center or Canadian embassy responsible for your jurisdiction, in your own country or otherwise.
Is Biometrics Required For Canada Visa Application?
Regardless of the type of visa you are applying for, you are required to give your biometrics (picture and fingerprints) when applying for a Canada visa.