GTBank has introduced their Short USSD code *737* which was introduced to make banking a lot easier for their customers. The bank short USSD code is also known as GTBank transfer code by some GTBank customers. The code can be used to carry out a lot of financial transactions such as Sending money from your GTBank account to any other bank in Nigeria. You can also buy airtime for yourself and your loved ones, you can also use the code to check your GTBank account balance and many others.
There are other financial transactions which you can still carry out with the code, the ones mentioned above are just the basic transactions you can carry out with the code. Below are the features of the GTBank *737* USSD code.
- Features of GTBank *737* USSD code
- How to Send Money with GTBank Transfer Code
- GTBank to GTBank Transfer
- GTBank to other Bank Transfer
- How to Check Account Balance, BVN, etc with GTB USSD Code
- How to Buy Airtime from your GTBank account (Self & Others)
- How to create you One Time Password
- How to reactivate your GTBank account with *737*
- How to open an Account with your *737*
Features of GTBank *737* USSD code
- Send Money.
- Buy Airtime (For self & Others).
- Account opening.
- Checking account Balance.
- Creating a PIN.
- Buy Data Bundle.
- Bill and Merchant payment etc.
- Easy to use and does not require any technical appliance.
- You can carry out all your basic financial transactions from the comfort of your home.
- It saves you time from all the delays experienced inside the banking hall.
- It puts you in control of your own account.
- The platform is reliable and secured
How to Send Money with GTBank Transfer Code
Like we earlier mentioned, the GTBank transfer code AKA GTBank USSD code can also be used to transfer money from your GTBank account to another bank account. In order to send money from your GTBank account to other Bank account simply follow the steps below.
GTBank to GTBank Transfer
Should in case you want to transfer money from your GTBank account to another GTBank account, you can do that by following the simple steps below.
- The first thing to do is to ensure that all the transactions that you want to perform must be on the phone number linked with your GTBank account.
- Dial *737*1*Amount*Receiver’s Account Number#
- Finally, you will have to input the last four digits of your ATM card.
For instance, you want to send N4,000 from your GTBank account to another GTBank account with (0228802366) as the account number, what you have to do is dial *737*1*4000*0228802366# And after that, you will be required to put the last four digits of your ATM card and that is all.
GTBank to other Bank Transfer
Just like transferring from GTBank to GTBank, transferring from your GTBank to another different bank account like FirstBank, Ecobank and others are easy just follow the steps below.
- Simply dial *737*2*Amount*Receiver’s Account Number# from the phone number (line) linked to your GTBank account.
- Then input the last four digits of your GTBank MasterCard and that is all.
For instance, you want to transfer N 5,000 from your GTBank account to another bank account like Ecobank with (1351226256) as the account number, what you have to do is dial *737*2*5000*1351226256#. After that, input the last four digit of your GTBank MasterCard.
NOTE: As earlier mentioned, you can not carry out this transaction from another phone number, all the code must be dialed from the phone number that is linked with your GTBank account. It is also important that you note that you can’t transfer more than N200, 000 Naira in a day.
How to Check Account Balance, BVN, etc with GTB USSD Code
With the GTBank shortcode, you can check your banking details like your BVN, GTBank account number and account balance from the comfort of your home. To check any of the above-mentioned details and more, simply follow the steps below.
- Dial *737*6*1# from the phone number linked with your bank account.
- Follow all the on-screen prompts to complete your desired transaction like check your BVN, Account balance and more.
How to Buy Airtime from your GTBank account (Self & Others)
If you are a GTBank account holder, you should never be out of airtime because with the GTBank airtime recharge code you can buy airtime directly from your GTBank account. Apart from buyiing airtime for yourself, you can also buy airtime for your loved ones using the GTBank airtime recharge code. Below is how you can buy airtime from your GTBank account for both yourself and others.
- If you want to buy airtime on the phone number registered with your GTBank account simply dial *737*amount# on the same phone number (Phone number linked with your GTB account).
- To buy airtime for other numbers not linked to your GTBank account simply dial *737*amount*recipients phone number#
NOTE: All the codes must be dialed from the phone number that is linked with your GTBank account number. If you want to buy for any number not linked to your bank account, you will be required to input the last four digits on your GTBank MasterCard.
How to create you One Time Password
We earlier mentioned that you will be required to use the last four digits on your GTBank MasterCard or One Time Password (OTP). The OTP serves as a token in carrying out transactions and what we mean is that even without your Token, you can still carry out your mobile financial transactions using the OTP in place of Token. To begin the OTP generation process, you will have to dial *737*7# after the OTP is generated, you will be required to use the last 6-digits on your ATM to finalize the process.
How to reactivate your GTBank account with *737*
If you want to activate your old gtbank account which has become dormant because you have not used it for a long time, simply follow the step below to perform the activity successfully.
- Dial *737*11# on the phone number linked with the account.
- Input your BVN (Bank Verification Number) when required.
- Provide your account officer’s code, but if you don’t have it, press 1 to proceed to the next level.
- You will finally have to perform a transaction at this juncture, such as buying airtime and the minimum airtime to purchase is N100.
How to open an Account with your *737*
The GTBank USSD code allows anyone even those that are not yet GTBank customers to have an account with the bank. This process also allows you to use your phone number used in carrying out the process as an account number and you can use it to carry out transactions in any GTBank or GTExpress centers. Below is how you can open an account with the code.
- Simply dial *737*0#
Some features of this account include;
- You can’t have more than N300, 000 as your account balance.
- You can open the account even without an internet connection.
- They allow you to deposit up to N50,000 at once.
- You can still connect your BVN and account authentication in no time.
- You can visit GTBank branches and GTExpress to both save and withdraw money.