There are many ways you can migrate to Australia. But today, we are going to expose you to the top fastest and easiest ways you can immigrate to Australia as a prospective immigrant.
Australia has multiple visa options and choosing the right one should be your top-most priority as a prospective immigrant.
Just like Canada, Australia also has a robust economy, friendly policies, security, high standard of living, and diverse multiculturalism. This is one of the reasons Australia is among the most desired global destinations for immigrants.
But obtaining an Australian visa can be very inconvenient and involves a great deal of effort because the process is increasingly becoming complicated with every immigration update.
Presently the age requirement dropped from 50 to 45, while the point score increased from 60-65. Nevertheless, don’t get discouraged because of all these, Australia is still accepting immigration applications and our article on this page will arm you with the right information to ensure you migrate to Australia with less troublesome.
6 Easiest Ways To Migrate to Australia
This article will highlight the six (6) pathways to easily move to Australia, so grab a cup of coffee as you read on!
1. Through Study
The United Nations Development program ranking program placed Australia as the second (2nd) best country to live in. The ranking was based on education, income, life expectancy, and many more.
Australia has 8 of its universities present among the top 100 universities in the world. The educational system in Australia is in accordance with the global standard which is completely focused on quality research model.
The higher institutions also conform to government regulations and standards which has, in turn, shaped Australia’s educational system.
One of the major reasons why foreigners love to study in Australia is because of the higher possibility of getting a job after graduation in Australia. Australian employers usually prefer graduates from Australia.
As a matter of fact, many foreign students have become permanent residents in Australia because they studied in Australia.
To be eligible for this immigration stream, applicants must show interest through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection Skillselect migration program.
2. Family/Spouse Visa Path
The Australian Family and Spouse visa stream was created with the purpose of reuniting families and spouses. If you have a spouse or family member who is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident, they can easily sponsor you through this path.
Also, note that Australia frowns at marriage fraud and also considers it a serious offense with consequences backed up by the law.
So if you have any plans of doing that, then I think you should forget about this pathway. However, you can consider using the working holiday visa.
3. Through Working Holiday
This method is one of the easiest ways to migrate to Australia. The Australia Working Holiday Visa is available to adults between the ages of 18 to 30 who desire to explore Australia and also work for a period of 12 months.
Lots of prospective immigrants make use of this pathway (visa stream) to see if Australia is actually the perfect place for them.
This visa stream allows you to work your way up to the Employer-Sponsored Visa if only you prove yourself invaluable to your employer.
Additionally, those desiring to get married to an Australian citizen can also use this pathway to finally find true love.
4. Employer-Sponsored Visa or General Skilled Migration Visa
The Australian Employer-Sponsored Visa or General Skilled Migration Visa is another immigration pathway that allows employers in Australia to sponsor skilled immigrants (foreigners) whose specialty or occupation is in demand in Australia. The Employer sponsorship visa is subdivided into four (4) categories.
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa-TSS (Subclass 482): The TSS visa allows a foreign skilled worker to work and live in Australia for a finite period of time. There are certain criteria that determine the duration of the visa and subsequent eligibility for permanent residency, and they include age, English language proficiency, nominated occupation, etc.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186): This immigration stream provides permanent residency notwithstanding whether you are eligible for the TSS
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187): This immigration stream needs your occupation to be listed on the Regional Occupation list or the MLTSSL and your employer must be based in the same designated region. You must also satisfy the skill level requirement and three (3) years of full-time relevant work experience
- Training Visa (Subclass 407): This immigration visa stream is for foreigners who desire to undergo on-the-job training from an employer in Australia.
Eligibility for the Employer-Sponsored visa depends on:
- Employer’s location
- The employer’s approval to sponsor you
- Educational qualification
- Work experience
- Salary offered
- The job specification with your employer sponsor
5. Business Visa
As the name suggests, this visa stream is available for investors or entrepreneurs that are willing to invest in Australia, thereby creating both direct and indirect jobs for the Australian labor market.
This pathway is regarded as an exclusivity visa stream reserved for the super-rich and elites who can invest a minimum capital of $AU 1 million, funny enough, Australia is fast becoming a hotspot for emerging startups.
6. Retirement Visa
This is the best immigration option for foreigners who desire to spend some of their retirement years in Australia.
The following criteria are what determine if you are eligible:
- Applicant must be 55 years or above.
- Are sponsored by an Australian State or a territory government.
- Have no dependent family members.
- Proof you are of good health and character.
- Don’t have any intentions of working full-time in Australia (you, and your spouse if applicable, will be allowed to work only up to 20 hours per week while in Australia).
- Have a minimum asset that was lawfully acquired by yourself and your spouse, or just yourself, capable of and available to transfer to Australia of AU$750,000 if you’ve indicated to your sponsoring territory or state government agency that you do not intend to live in a regional/low growth area of Australia; or AU$500,000 if you have indicated to your sponsoring territory or state government agency that you intend to live in a regional/low growth area of Australia.
- Have evidence that you, and your spouse if applicable, have a private health insurance package that also meets the Australian DHA (Department of Health and Ageing) guidelines during the period of your intended stay in Australia.